We’re inviting attendees of the 2022 NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference to submit their own “SILVER LINING SESSION,” or a short video about their work in child nutrition and fighting food insecurity from the past year.
This is a great way to add your voice to our statewide celebration of the stories, innovations, and hard work that have made up child nutrition work during the past year! Last year, we were able to share dozens of videos from a variety of organizations with a statewide audience of more than 930 people during our two-day virtual conference.
This year’s conference theme is “Silver Linings Sessions,” so your video should focus on a silver lining — a positive outcome, unexpected victory, or hard-won success — that you and your organization have achieved this year, despite unusual challenges.
Selected videos will be played in-between sessions during our virtual conference. They will also be made available to watch online at any time during and after the conference. Selections may be based on creating a collection of speakers, panels, and videos that provide a wide coverage of state geography and unique innovations to help paint a full picture of child nutrition in North Carolina during the conference.
- Videos can be as short as 30 seconds, and should be no longer than 3 minutes.
- You can record your video any way you like. You could use your phone (hold it horizontally!) or do a screen recording through Zoom. Just make sure to test your audio to make sure that we can hear you clearly.
- You can include pictures or slides, but make sure you still stick to the 3 minute time limit.
- Please submit your video by Wednesday, January 26, 2022, at 11:59pm.
WHAT TO INCLUDE
Make sure you cover each of these points in your video:
- Your name and your role with your organization.
- The organization you represent and what they do.
- How do you serve meals for kids (or otherwise impact food insecurity and healthy nutrition for children)?
- For example, do you participate in one or more of the USDA child nutrition programs? Which ones?
- How have the pandemic, supply chain disruptions, or labor challenges impact your ability to feed kids?
- What is the SILVER LINING you want to share about?
- Your silver lining can be any success you’ve had in the face of challenges during the past year.
- Consider including any inspirational or heartfelt moments you’ve witnessed as people have stepped up during the past year.
- Consider including a statistic or two to give people context. For example:
- “We’ve served more than 10,000 meals since March.”
- “Our organization distributed more an 10,000 pounds of fresh produce this summer.”
- “We’ve recruited more than 100 new volunteers help us prepare meals.”
HOW TO SUBMIT
Send your video to CarolinaHungerInitiative@unc.edu by Wednesday, January 26, 2022, at 11:59pm.
I recommend using the free site WeTransfer.com to send it. Dropbox, Google Drive, or other methods are also okay.
Don’t hesitate to send questions to CarolinaHungerInitiative@unc.edu.