NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference
The NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference is an annual day of celebration and inspiration for everyone in our state interested in making sure kids have access to healthy food.
The 2021 conference — our 10th annual event! — will be presented by Carolina Hunger Initiative, after 9 years of the conference being hosted by No Kid Hungry NC (which is a partnership between UNC and Share Our Strength and is supported by the same team as Carolina Hunger Initiative).
Registration for the 2021 conference is now open! Visit CarolinaHungerInitiative.org/Register to learn more and sign up. This year’s conference is FREE and ONLINE and will take place Wednesday, February 17 and Thursday, February 18.
Check out the latest speaker announcements for this year’s conference:
- A panel with new State Superintendent Catherine Truitt and members of her leadership team
- A message from Dr. Mandy Cohen, Secretary of the NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Eric Davis, Chairman of the NC State Board of Education
- Lynn Harvey, Director of School Nutrition and District Operations, NC Department of Public Instruction
- 2020 NC Teacher of the Year Maureen Stover, Cumberland County Schools
- 2020 NC Principal of the Year Kisha Clemons, Newton-Conover City Schools
- Nutrition professionals from school districts, food banks, and community organizations across the state
- Plus best practices, inspiring stories, cooking and recipe demonstrations, and student performances.
We’re inviting attendees of this year’s conference to submit “PIVOT TALKS,” or short videos about great work in child nutrition from the past year.
This is a great way to add your voice to our statewide celebration of the stories, innovations, and hard work that have made up child nutrition work during the past year!
See videos, photos, agendas, and more from previous NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference by visiting NoKidHungryNC.org/Conference.